It is well known throughout the world that many youths have problems with solving conflict. Often their solution to conflict is solved with a gun that involves a shooting of, or the killing of someone.
Attend this *online* 4-day summer institute – Monday, July 13 – Thursday, July 16, 2020- taught by some of the world’s leading scholars on gun violence policy and prevention.
- Meet-up online and collaborate with other youth across the country who are passionate about gun violence prevention;
- Learn about the burden of gun violence in the U.S. and evidence based solutions; --Receive training on message framing, media interviews, and providing effective testimony to advocate for change; and
- Engage in individual and group activities to apply their learning such as creating infographics, developing social media content, and delivering mock interviews and oral testimony.
Youth Eligible and Encouraged to Apply:
- Are between the ages of 14 and 18 on July 13, 2020
- Are currently enrolled in a U.S. high school
- Are interested in gun violence prevention
- Demonstrate leadership and maturity
*Certificate Upon Completion
Gregory Norris, Executive Director of Area Consortium of Educational Services for Our Youth DBA: ACES 4 Youth at 618-409-2237 or email email@example.com
Angelia Gower, President Madison High School Alumni, Executive Director of Women of Destiny and Releasing The Waters Worldwide -Phone - (618) 406-1808 or email Wodmovement@gmail.com
Note: Online applications and supporting materials are due by Monday, May 15, 2020 at 5 PM (CST).