Parents: Here are some apps, websites, and activity suggestions for you to utilize with your children while they are off.
Free Internet & Other Resources: ISBE Keep Learning-The Illinois State Board of Education has compiled a list of companies providing free services for families during these difficult times.
English Language Arts:
Ms. Reeves' (Bernard Long Library Media Specialist) Website: https://sites.google.com/a/madisoncusd12.org/mrs-reeves-library/
Ms. Reeves' YouTube Site: Story Time
https://stories.audible.com/discovery-Set up account and choose from many free audio books
Fluency & Fitness: Parents can sign their children up for free: https://fluencyandfitness.com/register/school-closures/
www.abcmouse.com Kids 2-8 years old-First month is free
https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/-free until April
- https://www.vooks.com/parents -free for one month
- Hooked on Phonics-free for 30 days
- https://www.storylineonline.net/-books read aloud by celebrities (always free)
- https://www.wilbooks.com/wilbooks-free-resources-free books and educational resources all FREE.
https://www.getepic.com/ -digital library for kids up to 10 years old
Online Virtual Tours & Field Trips: https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
Mystery Science: https://mysteryscience.com/school-closure-planning
Students can get a free magazine sent to them: http://freekidsmagazine.com/
https://www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html-NASA For kids-free
https://www.youtube.com/user/s...-St. Louis Zoo You Tube Channel
https://www.prodigygame.com/ -always free-and kids LOVE IT!!!
http://www.checkmath.eu/-in beta testing so it is completely free
https://www.breakoutedu.com/funathome-digital games that students can play at home.
https://www.khanacademy.org/-every Jr. High student has an account already set-up
https://www.ixl.com/-some students have accounts set up already
- https://www.kennedy-center.org...-National Parks Virtual Tours
- https://www.thebestideasforkid...-Crafts & Activities for Kids
- https://www.education.com/-free-with over 800 skills, Prek-5th grade
- https://www.varsitytutors.com/virtual-school-day Grade-specific concepts, online classes, and practice questions at your fingertips, all free.
- https://rangerrick.org/freedigital/-free digital copies of Ranger Rick, Ranger Rick Jr., ZooDinos, Zoobies, and Zootles magazines.
Girls on the Run Lessons:
JUST FOR FUN:
Over 30 Virtual Field Trips with Links
(Click on colored text for links. Safe Travels!)
San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour!
Yellowstone National Park Virtual Field Trip
Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
They are updating from WEBVR to WEBXR now, but 360 Mode offers a digital view!
This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers
11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs.
U.S. Space and Rocket Museum in Huntsville, AL
Discovery Education Virtual Field Trips
A few of the field trip topics include
Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip.
The Great Wall of China
Boston Children’s Museum
Walk through the Boston Children’s Museum thanks to Google Maps!
This virtual tour allows kids to explore 3 floors of fun.