Madison Junior HIgh School Uniform Policy
As we prepare for the 2019-2020 school year, below is a reminder of the Madison Junior High School Uniform Policy and Prohibited clothing items:
School Uniform Policy
Students are expected to wear designated uniforms each and every school day (unless otherwise authorized by an administrator for a school wide event.) The uniform policy is as follows
- Students may wear a polo type shirt in the following colors; green, gray, white, blue, black. (No T-shirts)
- Students my wear pants in the following colors; black, blue, khaki (No jeans)
Students are expected to wear clothing in a neat, clean, and well-fitting manner while on school property and/or in attendance at school sponsored activities. Students are to use discretion in their dress and are not permitted to wear apparel that causes a substantial disruption in the school environment.
- Student dress (including accessories) may not advertise, promote, or picture alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, violent behavior, or other inappropriate image
- Student dress (including accessories) may not display lewd, vulgar, obscene, or offensive language or symbols, including gang symbols
- Hats, coats, bandanas, and sunglasses may not be worn in the building during the school day. Jackets may be worn in class, but students must have on proper school attire.
- Hairstyles, dress, and accessories that pose a safety hazard are not permitted in the shop, laboratories, or during physical education.
- Clothing with holes, rips, tears, showing skin and/or undergarments may not be worn at school.
- The length of shorts or skirts must be appropriate for the school environment.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. (No flip-flops or slides)
- If there is any doubt about dress and appearance, the building principal will make the final decision.
Student whose dress causes a substantial disruption of the orderly process of school functions or endangers the health or safety of the student, other students, staff or others may be subject to discipline.
Prohibited Dress Code Items
- No Tee Shirts or Sweatshirts that state (Free My…, Rest in Peace… Gang Related)
- No Hats or headgear are to be worn in the building including baseball, snow beanies, beanies, shower caps, bandanas, and head wraps (exceptions-religious or health purposes verified by administration).
- No backpacks and/or purses of any size are allowed in the classrooms
- Items not appropriate for school, or that do not adhere to dress code