Resources for Students & Parents
Parents: Here are some apps, websites, and activity suggestions for you to utilize with your children while they are off.
Grocery Service: Instacart is a service that does your grocery shopping for you. There is a service fee, delivery fee, and of course tips are encouraged, but it is a great way to keep yourself and family safe while still getting the groceries you need. They will shop at Schnucks, Aldis, CVS Pharmacy.
Instacart Services Walmart and Sams are also offering delivery services separate of Instacart.
No Internet, No Problem: ISBE Keep Learning-The Illinois State Board of Education has compiled a list of companies providing free services, including internet, for families during these difficult times.
English Language Arts:
- Read To Learn
- https://stories.audible.com/start-listen-Completely free, pick the books you want to read/listen to and GO. :
- Free Online Books from Barnes & Noble
- Ms. Reeves' Website: https://sites.google.com/a/madisoncusd12.org/mrs-reeves-library/
- Ms. Reeves' Daily Story YouTube Site: Story Time with Ms. Reeves
- Primary Playground Activities & Printables-Free Site Word Coloring Page
- Achieve 3000 Literacy
- Fluency & Fitness: Parents can sign their children up for free: https://fluencyandfitness.com/register/school-closures/
- Age of Learning-Free Accounts for Age of Learning Products-ABC Mouse, Reading IQ and Adventure Academy School Code: SCHOOL2547
- https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/-free until April
- https://www.vooks.com/parents -free for one month
- Hooked on Phonics-free for 30 days
- https://www.storylineonline.net/-books read aloud by celebrities (always free)
- Reading Projects-by Grade Level
- https://www.wilbooks.com/wilbooks-free-resources-free books and educational resources all FREE.
- https://www.getepic.com/ -digital library for kids up to 10 years old
- Online Virtual Tours & Field Trips: https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
- SIUE STEM Center-Kits for parents to use at home with their students.
- Free Science Experiments Using Household Items
- Science Outdoor Scavenger Hunts
- Mystery Science: https://mysteryscience.com/school-closure-planning
- Students can get a free magazine sent to them: http://freekidsmagazine.com/
- https://www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html-NASA For kids-free
- https://www.youtube.com/user/s...-St. Louis Zoo You Tube Channel
- Explore Science through Everyday Earth
- Dream Box Math-Free for 90 days
- Free Math Dice Games
- https://www.prodigygame.com/ -always free-and kids LOVE IT!!!
- http://www.checkmath.eu/-in beta testing so it is completely free
- Free Math Riddles
- The Best Math Websites
- Knowre Math is an online core supplement for grades 1-12
- Cool Math Games & Other Math STUFF
- Helping Kids Loves Numbers so they can handle Math in Real Life
- https://www.breakoutedu.com/funathome-digital games that students can play at home.
- https://www.khanacademy.org/-every Jr. High student has an account already set-up
- https://www.ixl.com/-some students have accounts set up already
- https://www.kennedy-center.org...-National Parks Virtual Tours
- https://www.thebestideasforkid...-Crafts & Activities for Kids
- https://www.education.com/-free-with over 800 skills, Prek-5th grade
- https://www.varsitytutors.com/virtual-school-day Grade-specific concepts, online classes, and practice questions at your fingertips, all free.
- https://rangerrick.org/freedigital/-free digital copies of Ranger Rick, Ranger Rick Jr., ZooDinos, Zoobies, and Zootles magazines.
- Free Daily Resources from EdHelper
- Speech Therapy at Home
- List of Sites for Parents & Students
- Encyclopedia Britannica for Parents
- Daily Knowledge Building Videos
- School House Rock Complete Series
- Belouga Videos & Resources for All Subjects
- Explore over 7000s videos on all different topics
- Create stories, games and animations to share with others
- 10 Minute Conditions Stations
- Exercises for Letters (Use Days of the Week or Names)
- PE at Home
- Free Yoga Videos
- Joe Wicks Free Daily Workouts For Kids
JUST FOR FUN (& A Little Learning Too):
- Indoor & Outdoor Scavenger Hunts (multi subject areas & themes)
- Virtually take a ride on Disney Amusement Park Rides
- Disney Movie ActivitiesOver 30 Virtual Field Trips with Links (Click on colored text for links. Safe Travels!)
- Free Play Dough Mats-many themes
|The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour!|
|Mud Volcano, Mammoth Hot Springs, and so much more. Tour Yellowstone National Park!|
|Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover. They are updating from WEBVR to WEBXR now, but 360 Mode offers a digital view!|
|Live Cams at the San Diego ZooMonterey Bay Aquarium live camsPanda Cam at Zoo Atlanta|
|This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs.|
|See the Saturn 5 Rocket on YouTube and more on this tour thanks to a real father/son outing.|
|A few of the field trip topics include Polar Bears and the Tundra Social Emotional Skills|
|Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip.|
|This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.|
|Walk through the Boston Children’s Museum thanks to Google Maps! This virtual tour allows kids to explore 3 floors of fun.|